Sunday, January 13, 2008

How to Find a Child Support Case Manager


A child support case manager helps determine child support obligations and compliance with state laws. They may also conduct investigations and enforce child support orders.


Difficulty: Moderate



Step One

Use the phonebook. Look for the community of government section of the book that includes contact information for your state's human services departments. Contact the department responsible for child support regulations and ask them for information on how to get a case manager.

Step Two

Visit your state's human services website for additional information. They may have a section specifically dedicated to the state's child support services department. Most sites will list specific people or offices to contact, list the answers to basic child support questions and offer additional resources.

Step Three

Meet with a child support lawyer in your community and ask them for a recommendation. Such attorneys work with child support issues every single day and they've often built a strong network of contacts. They can help you find a good case manager and answer any questions you may have.

Step Four

Request a new case manager if you're unsatisfied with the service you receive. If you wish, you can file a complaint with the child support services department.

Step Five

Remember that a child support case manager needs to communicate with both parents. If you're able to choose your case manager, it's important that both parties feel comfortable dealing with the person selected. Make an effort to come to an agreement on a case manager you can both work with.

No comments: