Sunday, January 13, 2008

How to Pay Child Support After Not Paying in Forever


So you have decided you want to pay child support. I am not an expert for the United States; but in the State of Washington, it is a fairly easy process that can even be done online. Read on to learn more.


Difficulty: Moderately Easy

Let the Payments Begin

Things You'll Need

  • Proof of employment
  • Social Security Card
  • Valid Driver's license



Step One

Make an appointment with the local Support and Enforcement Agency. Once there you will need to register by filling out some forms, showing proof of employment and U.S. citizenship. If you owe back child support you may request payment plans. It is important to make regular payments or your will be at risk of wage garnishment. Loss of your driver's license and even jail time.

Step Two

Now that you are registered and have a payment plan in place you can go online to set up automatic payments and manage your account.

Step Three

The website, for the State of Washington is

Step Four

Once on this website you can set up online child support payments by click the CSIPS (Child Support Internet Payment Service).

Step Five

Once on the CSIPS site you will need to establish a user ID and password. You may also take a tour using the DEMO option. Having your payments automatically taken from your paycheck and monitoring your account will help you maintain your records for future child support audits or any legal debates, that may come, to prove payment.

No comments: